This week's big developments:
Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. He can grasp, too. Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.
Oh baby lemon, how we love you! It is truly amazing at 14 weeks, all Franklin can do! I am really getting anxious about my belly popping out. It hasn't happened yet. Some days it seems to be pooched more than others. My pants still button.Oh well, it will happen soon enough right? I have also been more tired recently. If I lay on the couch anytime after 6 pm, I am out! I tend to go to bed relatively early normally, but this is getting ridiculous. Poor Loren, he has to think I am such a bag of fun right now!
My Birthday was Friday. This is the year we will have our sweet baby! Crazy to think next year on my birthday we will have a 6 month old! Loren and I went up to the mountains to Kitterege and had breakfast at our favorite place. The curvy mountain roads sure were fun when you feel nauseous. It was worth it though, once we got there. We then came home and I watched You've Got Mail, while Loren baked me a delicious carrot cake! Friday night we went to Edgewater Inn for pizza with some friends and then back to our house for cake. It was a very Happy Birthday!
Happy Valentine's Day! I will be spending it with my love. Next year we will have a new little "love" to celebrate!
A few pictures from my birthday. Somehow we didn't get a group shot...ooops!
No comments:
Post a Comment