Okay...where to start?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY on August 20th!!! This has been the hardest secret we have ever kept! Of course we had to tell a few. I am 12, almost 13 weeks along. We just got home from our 12 week appointment and everything is looking and sounding great! We heard the heart beating- AMAZING! It has been a long 12 weeks of biting our tongues and lots of throwing up (on my part). But now the news is out and we are absolutely thrilled!!! Also, this will probably be the longest entry- but hello we do have 12 weeks to catch everyone up on:)
We had been discussing for the past few months how we thought we would start the journey to begin our family. Boy, did it happen fast! On December 14th, I took a pregnancy test without telling Loren. It was positive!! I immediately had every sort of feeling you could possibly imagine. I called Loren into the bathroom. He came in and I said" We are pregnant!" His face lit up and the first thing he said, " I hope it's a boy!" Haha- Loren calls the baby a he and I call it(I don't like referring to the baby as it but...)a her. The gender doesn't matter-all we want is healthy! We knew that we wanted to wait a until we went home for Christmas to tell our families-that was the longest week of my life. I was DYING to tell my mom and sisters every phone call I had with them.
A week or so later we drove home for Christmas. Needless to say, the 10 hour drive home was mostly about the babe! Loren also came up for a name for the baby until he/she is born- Franklin...:) So that is what we call him/her right now! We got there late at night so we didn't have the chance to tell the news to my parents. The next day I spent with my mom and sisters. We went to Panera for lunch and I felt horrible. This was the first day that I really felt pregnant. I somehow managed to not let the secret out. I ended up leaving them and meeting up with Loren and his mom. We ran some errands and then eventually went back to his parents house. By the time we got home Larry(Loren's dad) was there. So we thought...perfect timing. We chatted for a bit and then Loren asked his parents if they wanted their Christmas surprise early. Patrice was up for it and Larry told us, "As long as it doesn't have four legs!" We have joked about getting him a dog. Loren said no it only has two. Patrice immediately got it and let out a shriek and came running over to me. In the meantime, the only thing with two legs that Larry could think of, was a bird!! Ha! Moments later we all joined in the kitchen hugging.
Next stop, my family. Everyone was suppose to be there. Conveniently Katie was cutting Curt's hair and sliced her finger so they had to go to the emergency room. So when we got there it was just my parents. We had an extended family Christmas that we were all going to that night so we knew it was now or in a few hours once we got home. We walk into the house and Loren says to my dad, "Hey Grandpa!" My mom and dad just laughed and thought nothing of it. And I said , "No really dad. We will have a baby with us here next Christmas!" He got that oh so familiar look and gave us big hugs. My mom on the other hand still thought it was a joke! She just kept laughing. We finally got her to realize it was real and she could not stop screaming(for those of you who know my mom, I know that's a big surprise:))
My sisters were next. Katie, Curt, Bethanie, Loren and I were all sitting on the couch at our extended family Christmas. No one was really close to us at that time so I figured I'd go for it. I leaned over to Katie and told her she was going to an aunt. Her jaw dropped. I had to put my hand over her face because it was obvious I just told her something shocking. Bethanie was confused and wondering if she just heard what she thought she had heard. Of course the answer was yes!
Corey and Lexi didn't come home until the 26th. They came in from a long car ride and Loren went and whispered in Parker's (our 3 year old nephew) ear to tell everyone that I had a bun in the oven. He was too shy and did not want to do it. It came time for Parker to go to bed, so we figured we would tell them the next day. Well a few minute later Parker comes up the stairs and says, "Mom, Jenna has a bun in the oven!" And needless to say everyone was so excited.
The week of Christmas was the start of being sick. Not too much fun. But I do have to say, knowing that there is a life being created inside of me, I don't even care that I have felt terrible. I'm not going to lie though- I hope it ends REALLY soon! It has been a rough few weeks.
We went to the doctor on January 7th. I was so nervous. Even though I was feeling all the symptoms, something in me thought the doctor was going to tell me I wasn't pregnant. The crazy way your mind plays games with you. Obviously the report was good! It was amazing to see our sweet little baby's heart beating!! I somehow was able to hold back my tears. I had to go back to work after my appointment-I have to admit, that was probably the most unproductive afternoon of my life! I was dying to tell anyone and everyone.
Telling all of our friends has been so exciting. It has been so hard keeping it from them. It feels so good to have the news out in the open! We are so excited for this new chapter God has began for us! Your prayers for "Franklin" and us are so greatly appreciated. We will update periodically so check back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment