Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Holy HOT Mama!

Remind me, the next time I get pregnant, not to be due at the end of August!! All I can say is I am hot (and not just warm, I mean REALLY hot all of the time!).

Here's what has been going on lately:

-Our thermostat seems to get set colder and colder every night-sorry Lor!
-I seem to add a pillow to our bed every night trying to get more comfortable
-Bending over and getting up from the couch is getting harder each day
-I wake up probably every hour to go to the bathroom
-I eat ice cream almost every night
-I have hit the “emotional roller coaster”. I thought I was doing pretty well with this and I would bypass it. Nope, definitely didn’t. Just ask Loren-he’s a trooper.
-My to-do list seems endless
-I have started getting interesting comments from strangers, such as:
“You really shouldn’t be wearing high heels in your condition.”-random lady in the elevator at work
“Why don’t you keep your fork in case baby gets hungry later”-server
at a wedding we went to, while she was taking our plates after dinner
“You should not be drinking coffee”-lady behind me in line at Caribou
The list goes on and on, I just can’t think of them all right now.
-Franklin’s room is getting closer to being put together. Nathan painted it and my husband secretly had Nathan add robots on the wall. So now we have birds and robots…an interesting theme. I told Nathan not to be offended if I painted over the robots :)
-We are getting new carpet today! I am VERY excited about this!
-I am going to the doctor every 2 weeks now. I went on Friday and his heart was beating at 135bpm and he is trying to turn downward. That explains the tickling in my ribs every now and then.
-Starting to feel huge. I was comfortable for so long and this week has been a bit rough.

Overall, I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to experience all of this. It has given me a whole new perspective of who God is and what he is capable of doing. Loren and I often talk about how crazy the whole process is of having our sweet baby growing inside of me. We are so excited to meet this little mister! I wonder if he will be a little Loren?? If so, we are in for an interesting journey, to say the least :) But I am completely fine with that!

Oh, and I might be starting to waddle a little bit??

2 comments:

  1. Some people... I can only imagine what I would do if some people said those things to me :)

    I like reading your blog.

    Can't wait to see photos of his room!

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool Jenna, congrats on being so close! not to sound like I know anything, but I totally know how the emotional roller coaster goes! but I promise it will all be done and the baby won't know either way. :) And as soon as the little man gets here you'll have plenty of time to catch up and just be with him! Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete