Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Butternut Squash

Baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash-yum, yum!) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in Franklin's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that his nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester (guess I better really eat my fruits and veggies).

I am starting to be overwhelmed. We have nothing done. What if this little guy decides to make his entrance early? We won’t even have his crib and furniture in Colorado until late July-yikes! Please Franklin, stay in the whole time. I keep hearing stories of people having premature babies 6 to 8 weeks early. It is kind of freaking me out. WE ARE NOT PREPARED! I guess if it happens, we will make it work. I will try not to think about it…

I have been feeling strange lately, Very emotional and starting to get some of the lovely last trimester side effects. Not sleeping so well. I am just uncomfortable and I know it will not get any better until Franklin is here. And then, that brings a whole new “sleep schedule”. Okay enough complaining. I am SO grateful to have this opportunity to be pregnant. All and all it is great. I now have lots of strangers (if you will) ask me when I’m due, tell me I’m either small or big, and so on and so forth. Funny how you become almost a target in any public place. Oh, and my belly button is on its’ way to becoming an outtie:)

Happy Tuesday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment