Well, we have been quite busy the past week. My parents came last Thursday. My dad had to leave Monday but my mom stayed and rode the train home last night. Always sad to see them leave:( It will be even more sad when little Franklin is here!!
Here are a few highlights of the week:
- The baby's room is painted! I wouldn't have painted so early, but my mom needed something to do while I worked this week. I wanted an orange room, no matter the gender. The thought of pink walls is overwhelming to me and blue walls, I already have a blue mudroom. So, I am going with a fun random color...orange! And oh boy is it orange! If it is a boy we will have a Bronco theme, since we live so close to the stadium...NOT! I just figured orange goes well with pink and green or blue and green. I am going to sew the bedding and such, so I am sure I will find some great fabrics. Thank you mom for getting a big project checked off! We love it! (I will put pictures up later on. All we did was paint and it is and will be our office for a few more months)
- My stomach is really popping out these days. I would say within the past week this baby bell pepper has sure grown! The lady checking us out at Gap yesterday totally wanted to ask me if I was pregnant. She kept looking at my stomach. I'm sure she didn't want to be "that person" to ask someone if they were pregnant and then get a "no" as a response.
- It was in the 60s all week! Until it decided to snow all day yesterday. It was absolutely beautiful! My mom and I went for lots of walks with the dogs around Sloan's lake. Spring was in the air! I even sat outside for lunch last week and got some color! I love that warm sunshine-please come back!
- Perhaps the biggest highlight of the week was...I got the stroller I wanted!!! I have been checking around for stuff and briefly was looking on craigslist. I found a VERY gently used BumbleRide stroller for a great deal! My mom and I went and picked it up on Wednesday. The stroller is seriously hardly used, it looks brand new! It is adorable! The lady I bought it from found out she is having twins, therefore needed a double stroller. We came home with it and I wanted to take it on our walk. I've got to practice right? :) I haven't taken it yet, but I will need to take it for a test ride sometime.
The week was filled with lots of other things and shopping. It was great! Now we only have 2 1/2 more weeks until the ultrasound-can't wait to find out what Franklin is...if a girl, we will have to change the name to something more girlie...Frannie? Ha- we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Oh and I am due 5 months from today! Hopefully we will be holding sweet little Frankie in our arms!!
No comments:
Post a Comment