Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Number One

It was my first year to participate! Pretty fun. Hadley just isn't quite old enough to understand what all I do for him;) Loren made me a really cute card with photos of Hads. Imagine it folded...
Front:
Inside:
Becoming a mother has been far more than I ever expected. As a girl, I think we have some natural instincts and you think you might know how you will be as a mother or you'll know how you will feel about your child. Everything I thought before I had Hadley was completely different than I ever expected. Sure I knew I'd love my child, enjoy being around him and doing fun things with him. I had no idea how much joy he would bring. I knew I'd be happy, but I have never experienced this sort of joy. I also never realized the overwhelming love I have for him. When I say "I love you to the moon and back!" , I really mean it!!! Even now, as he has become a little stinker! I know, I know it will get worse.

With all that being said- I now have a new appreciation for my mama. It's crazy to think the way I feel about Hadley, is the way my mom felt about me and still does. I now know how much she loves me. Thanks for all you do and have done mom. From changing poopy diapers to my teenage days to being here now as I begin the fun adventures of motherhood. I couldn't have a better example as a mom.

Happy Mother's Day (a few days late) to all the wonderful mamas out there!!

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Jenna! You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT post Jenna! You are one lovely mama!

    Good work on the card Loren!

    ReplyDelete