Wednesday, May 25, 2011

These days

Well first of all, weather has been CRAZY down here! The devastation in Joplin which is only a few hours from us is heartbreaking. I cannot imagine. We have had some big time thunderstorms and a few tornado watches and warnings. Last night a bad system went through and I was not able to fall asleep until 3am. The lightening was crazy! And then again today, another yucky storm rolled through. I'm ready for sunny days!

Hadley is quite the handful these days. He has discovered the stairs and is not at all apprehensive to climb all the way up. Watch out!! I feel a little tooth just breaking the surface. He was really crabby a few weeks ago and had a low fever, so we thought maybe he was getting a tooth. I guess we were right. He has been happy this week, hopefully it stays that way.


Loren's family was here last week. It was rainy but we still had fun. It is always fun to get everyone together. Next time we see Lexi and Corey they will be a family of 5! Can't wait to meet baby girl and find out her name!!! My fam comes this weekend. It will be fun to have them as well. We are so blessed by 2 wonderful families!


Other than that, life is picking up a bit. We are starting to get to know people and enjoying time with just our wonderful family of 3. I have done a few sewing projects during nap times and have enjoyed doing some of the things that were too hard to fit in when I was working. Loren has been very busy with media stuff and marketing for Kirby's School of Wake.
Summer down here officially begins this weekend. The town will soon be flooded with people. I must say, I'm ready for it. I'm trying to work on my tan but, I do not want to be old and leathery therefore sunscreen is a MUST!
We have enjoyed boat rides and watching Loren and friends wakeboard. Hadley does pretty well on the boat. Which I'm glad, because that is a repetitive activity down here. I think that is all I have. Please pray for those in Joplin who were affected by the tornado. I truly cannot imagine the devastation they are experiencing. And pray for the rain to stop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment