Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Goodbye Denver,Hello Lake of the O


Well here we are. All of this is finally feeling real. We are "semi settled", for now anyway. The picture is of us in front of our house one last time:( Sorry it's not that great. I was a wreck!! We left Denver last Saturday. I cried the whole way to Iowa. We drove to Iowa to spend Easter with our families. It was nice seeing everyone, took my mind off of being sad. Not sure how I am going to do this. It's so weird having no agenda, no friends to call to come over. It's just us. So far this week it has just been me and Hads. I have been a bit lonely. So, PLEASE COME VISIT! We have two weeks wide open and then toward the middle of May, things will pick up. Between people coming and us going, the summer is bound to go fast!

It's nice having it just the 3 of us. It hardly has been that way. Between having roommates and being the house that everyone hung out at, we were rarely alone. Don't get me wrong I love it, it's just a big change.
We are kind of in the sticks down here. Our cell phones don't work the best. The best shopping is Walmart. Oh and there are TONS of thrift shops. I don't really understand that? I guess I will be sewing A LOT. We will see what the summer brings...

I am realizing this sounds a bit depressing. In a sense it is. It's just a BIG change for us. But life is much simpler down here and I think we can all use a little "simple" in our lives. I also know that God has a plan here for Loren and I(and Hads). We just need to stay faithful to him, so he reveals a clear path for us. Until then, maybe I should get a job at Ozarkland. It is the souvenir shop that carries anything you could ever want. I'm kidding by the way...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment