Well, it has finally happened. I now have had one of the grossest things happen to me. And yes, it involved Hadley’s poop!
On Friday, I was at Hancock Fabrics picking up some supplies for a night of sewing with Chrissie. The store was so busy and they only had 2 people working. Gotta love those days. I am standing in line waiting for them to cut my fabric and I smell Hadley. Right away I could tell it was out of his diaper, but he was still strapped in his car seat so I could not see it. Anyone who has a little one knows that smell and you also know the smell of a really explosive one. I get my fabric cut and ask if they have a bathroom. Of course they do not have a public one (probably better for their sake considering what I would have brought in their bathroom). I then have to stand in line to pay.
Finally an hour later from the first scent, I get to the car. I take Hadley out of his seat and open the back of our Highlander. Oh boy was I correct! His whole back and even his neck was yellowish-brown. I had to throw his white onsie away. As I am going through wipe after wipe, Hadley decides to stick his hand in his diaper that was in his reach (I should of moved it further from him) and then onto his face. So now, he is literally covered in poop. It’s all over my coat and the back of my car. The only thing to do was laugh. I had extra clothes for him, which I was so thankful for. We still had a few stops before home. Good thing it was nice out and I could have my sunroof open because it did not smell the best.
There you have it. What a way to start the weekend. The whole time Hadley was just smiling and enjoying life, completely oblivious to the situation. Sometimes I wish I could be more like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment