Sunday, April 18, 2010

New sounds

Well here we are at week 23. Here is what is going on in Franklin's world this week:
He is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over 1 pound. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that Franklin's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing his for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as our dogs, Lilly and Oliver, barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb. He now recognizes our voices-how incredible!

I am growing each day, which is a good thing. But it is crazy. It's like all of the sudden I have a belly. I waited and waited for it to happen and here it is. It is still so crazy to think a baby is developing inside of me. Absolutely amazing. I am already not sleeping the best and yes, I know, it will probably get worse. I am typically a stomach sleeper. Not so comfortable these days and I feel like books and things really freak you out about sleeping on your back. So the side it is, preferably the left side. Seriously? This is all a little ridiculous to me. I cannot sleep in one position all night. I wake up on my back usually. But what do you do? I'm sure Franklin is just fine at this point. Between not getting comfortable and having to go to the bathroom throughout the night, it really has become hard to get a good night's sleep. Oh well, just preparing me right?

We have started thinking of themes for Franklin's room. I make things difficult and don't want to have a room like anyone else. I like to be creative, but it can be annoying at the same time because it takes more work. I love the idea of owl's, but it is too popular right now. So, I am thinking bugs. Cute bugs, of course. I am going to sew bedding and curtains, I just need to find the right sort of fabric. It has been challenging. I have found that there are bugs out there, but not very many cute bugs. So, to my fellow sewing friends-let me know if you find cute bug fabric. Bright colors are preferred. Something like this.
I like this fabric. The only problem, it is minky. That doesn't work so well for bedding and curtains. The search is on!

Enjoy the beautiful weather this week!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see your belly:)
    Tell little Franklin Hi from Caden!

    ReplyDelete