I celebrated my birthday this past weekend. It was great, filled with lots of fun. Loren too me out on a birthday date. We went to see The Vow. It was cute, not quite as good as I was hoping. The whole time I could only think of how terrible that would be! But, regardless it was still fun. Then we met up with a few friends. Loren's good friend Adam was so sweet and had cheese cake waiting for me and then we went and had a birthday martini-yum! We were a little late planning and didn't make reservations until that day. We should have thought of it earlier. The only reservation we could get was at 9pm! As some may know, we typically eat late. Most of the time it is because we don't start cooking 'til 6 and Lor always has a "detailed" recipe. So, 8 o'clock is very common for us. But, having reservations at 9pm, was still a bit late for us. We went to Lucca in the East Village. One word- EXTRAORDINARY! Lucca, in my opinion, has the best food in Des Moines. That may be a bold statement, but it is so very true for me. I see it becoming our "special date" place. If you live in Des Moines, please go there. You will not be disappointed!
Sunday(my actual birthday) was spent with my family. We had chicken tortilla soup and Loren make a delicious carrot cake(my fav).
Sunday(my actual birthday) was spent with my family. We had chicken tortilla soup and Loren make a delicious carrot cake(my fav).
This next year of my life I would like to become a better me. I want to grow in God's love and shine his love to other people. I want to be the best mama for Hads. I want to enjoy all the little moments with him, as I know they pass too quickly. I want to be a supportive, loving wife. It makes it easy when I have a great husband who I have 100% confidence in no matter what path he takes us. I want to be a better friend, daughter and sister. Most of all I want to focus on the things and people in my life that really matter. Life is too unknown to not invest and enjoy relationships. Thank you to all who have made my life thus far, lovely.
Love you sweet Jenna! And I miss you dearly! Your birthday sounded wonderful!
ReplyDelete